Monday, April 12, 2010

al-fatihah

it was on saturday evening, i was at sweetie's friend's place with her, when i got a call from my brother......saying that my granduncle, tok harun is tenat...... and we are goin back to hometown that evening...........

so i had to excuse myself and went back home......... from denai alam to my house i made it in 20mins.........yes i know it's fast, but i had too......the situation had made me to drive fast...........

and when i arrived home, mum got a phone call......... it was tok harun's son, saying that tok harun is no longer with us..... when i heard the news, i felt like i've lost someone who's important to me..........

u see, when i was a small kid, it was tok harun and his wife tok chu who jaga me when i was small.......... i stayed with them for more than a year when i was a toddler....... this is becoz my parents had to work in JB and i had to stay in muar...... so u can see how deep the impact is...... coz he's like a dad to me.......

tok harun died of cancer....... during his treatment for nearly 2 years, the a year and a half he stayed with us in KL........ back and forth he went to the hospital..... a noble man indeed he is....... no problems, doesn't disturb anyone and all..........

he wanted to meet with sweetie when i last met him 2 weeks ago when i went back to muar.......but then, it was too late......... i'm not sure y, but then i'm having tears in my eyes as i'm typing this...........

so we went back to muar that nite and when we arrived, there lying on the bed was his body...... covered with cloth up to his face......literally, the whole body i can say....... when i hugged tok chu, i can feel that she had lost someone whom she luv so much.......... and words are not enough to describe it........

and i've sedekah him yassin recitings and prayers to accompany with it......... the next day, i've helped to prepare for his funeral....... though i'm silent during the time, but i can feel my fast pace heart beat and waters clogging up my eyes........ as i close them, it fell off my cheeks............

silence the whole house though it was full of people.......... then later, after the prayers, we adjourned to the graveyard...........there, we slowly place him in his final resting place......... i guess, it's now memories that reminds me of him..... he'll join others that whom have left us before..............

though at times we are busy with our life, but again, we must take a step back and reminds ourself those who we miss which brings changes into our lives............

yet again, what can we all do, the best thing is to sedekah them al-fatihah

me with tok harun when i was a kid


with tok harun (seating near me) - 2 weeks back

p/s: to sweetie, i know that i'm wrong driving fast for that evening, but i hope u'll understand.....

luv,
fahmi

No comments: