Sunday, January 11, 2009

phrases

sometimes, i really LoL when i think of a particular romatic phrase that normally we see or we hear it in the movies or drama......... and when i translate it, from Bahasa to English and the other way around.....it really brings a smile on my face.............

the particular phrase is "ambil la pisau, Buka la dada ku, ambil la hati ku" (for the Malay) = "take a knife, cut my chest and take my heart away" (for the english) ........hmmmmm, yes it is romantic.....but then again, not the same organ though..........

heart is not a liver........hahahaha.....so let us translate it word for word........ (ambil la pisau, buka la dada ku, ambil la hati ku = take a knife, open my chest and take my liver)........ (take a knife, cut my chest and take my heart away = ambil la pisau, buka la dada ku dan ambil la jantung ku)..........see, told ya, sounds funny rite.....hehehehehe

so i guess and also i make a conclusion that as long as the meaning gets across to the other side........

No comments: